Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

HP serivce manager service is not starting

Hi,

I am using HP SM 9.40.

I installed SM, did connection with database, connection came successfully tested but now HP serivce manager service is not starting. The error is - "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion", attached is the screenshot of error.

Pls suggest what needs to be done.

Best Regards,

Abhijeet P

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: HP serivce manager service is not starting

Hi,

I suppose that if you ignore the Windows error message and leave it for a long time, the service doesn't start. If it does start, this means that you don't have enough resources for SM and it is struggling to start.

If this is not the case, have a look in the sm.log file for errors, warnings, failures, etc and upload snippets of them.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: HP serivce manager service is not starting

hello,

I would suggest to check the log as in the post above.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.