Captain
Captain

HPSM 9.34 - Timeperiod Management trouble

Jump to solution

Has anyone had time to have a look at the new HPSM 9.34? I installed it on a test system a couple of days ago and have spent much time figuring out why Timeperiod Management does not function as expected. To be spesific: No users (demo data loaded) seem to be able to add new timeperiods. Not even the Timeperiod.Admin-user. When trying to add a new timeperiod HPSM throws an error message stating "You do not have rights to view timeperiod data".

I know this is rather soon after release - but there might just be another early adopter out there...

Best regards

Thore

--
Thore
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Captain
Captain

Solved! Turns out it was my test environment license that caused problems. When reverting to the autogenerated license from 9.30-install everyting works as expected.

After reading the reply from John, I did a test with the OOB-license and timeperiod management is functioning.

-- 

Thore

--
Thore

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Thore,

You may need to use the operator with the right security role.

Following security roles are available for the Time Period Management module.

System Administration > Security > Roles

Timeperiod Administrator: Full rights.
Timeperiod Analyst: Partial rights; can update only when assigned.
Timeperiod Approver Partial rights; can approve and delegate approvals.
Timeperiod Manager: Expert rights; can always update.

Out-of-the-box, four users (operators) were created for testing purposes based on the security roles described above.
Timeperiod.Admin
Timeperiod.Analyst
Timeperiod.Approver
Timeperiod.Manager

For detail, refer to sm help server: Time Period Management > Time period security areas and roles

Cheers 🙂
Yan Tong (Serene), HP Software Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution; and give kudo if you like it 🙂
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I'm able to access and create new time periods as a system admin. I gave Sylvia.White the Time Period Administrator role and updated the Helpdesk Gen menu to include the Time Period section. 

--Once I got the menu to display, Sylvia had full access to the Time Period functions. She was able to add/update time periods and rules. 

Some hiccups:

1. The Time Period menus do not appear for non-Admins if the OOB condition of lioption("Time Period Management") is left in place in the menu records. I had to remove it to after exposing that menu to a non-SysAdmin. If executed in RAD debugger, it returns "false".

2. Time Period Management is not listed in the HPSM Version Information Licensed Products list (the SM instance is using an Auto-Pass license). If I use a Partner development license it also does not show as a licensed product.  It also is not listed using the sm -reportlic command to show license utilization. This may or may not mean something: it may be part of the foundation license, I don't know and since the menus are built with that statement, it would seem that it shouls show as a separate licensed component.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
Captain
Captain

@Tong Yan wrote:

Hi Thore,

You may need to use the operator with the right security role.

Following security roles are available for the Time Period Management module.

System Administration > Security > Roles

Timeperiod Administrator: Full rights.
Timeperiod Analyst: Partial rights; can update only when assigned.
Timeperiod Approver Partial rights; can approve and delegate approvals.
Timeperiod Manager: Expert rights; can always update.

All these roles and users are in place - they just dont work as expected. I've tested with both these users and a user replicating Timeperiod.Admin. No luck yet. Not even falcon can create timeperiods.

I'm starting to suspect something went wrong when upgrading - but I've reproduced this problem on three separate installations. One upgraded from 9.30GA->9.34, one upgraded from 9.31 with PD4 and one upgraded from 9.33 with PD4. Same result with all installations. No error messages during upgrade though...

Think I'll download a fresh copy of Applications 9.44 and do yet another test. Might just get lucky.

Thanks for your answer anyway!

-- 

Thore

--
Thore
0 Likes
Captain
Captain

Solved! Turns out it was my test environment license that caused problems. When reverting to the autogenerated license from 9.30-install everyting works as expected.

After reading the reply from John, I did a test with the OOB-license and timeperiod management is functioning.

-- 

Thore

--
Thore

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.