Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HPSM 9.4 SSO through LDAPS (AD)

Hello,

We need HPSM operators to autentificate into the system through Active Directory login and password. Could you give step by step instruction how to make it.

0 Likes
12 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you, your link is very helpfull.

But I have a problem with the third paragraph of this link: http://docs.software.hpe.com/SM/9.50/Codeless/Content/serversetup/tasks/define_file_and_field-level_mappings_to_an_ldap_server.htm

What should I type into the Name field? If I type "Operator" or " Operators" the system does not find anything.

I will be very grateful for your help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Try just "operator" and click Search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No records found.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Did you do the "Define the default LDAP Server" step and did you click Save?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Hi Evgenii,

I have a Connect-It Script that runs to add all new AD Users to our HPSM contacts at the end of every week.

This tied into LDAP Mappings built into HPSM's operator field works great for my company's setup.

For information on how to setup the LDAP mappings I recommend you take a look at this document, it is an old verison of HPSM, but it is what I followed to setup our LDAP integration on version 9.40. (See PDF)

It's a good starting point to get you an idea of what you can do with HPSM's LDAP Mappings.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, defined the default LDAP server. But still no records found

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Try this:

1. Go to Database Manager

2. Check Administrative Mode checkbox

3. In Form, type scldapfile

4. Click Search.

5. From here, there should be an Add button, so fill out this form and click Add.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I've added, but I couldn't edit field name to add "name" string.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

What error message did you get?

Also, have you opened a case yet with HP Support? 

I was looking and the scldapfile.g format is just another format for the datadict table (Data Policy) records.  Is there anything weird going on with that table for you, by chance?  Can you go to Tailoring - Data Policy and do a search there so see if any records appear?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I've found only scldaconfig.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.