Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

HPSM 9.41 Copy Change & Set Value of a Boolean Field

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I am having a very difficult time setting a value when copying a change. Using the process cm.copyopen - Tried using RAD Expressions field.name in $L.file="t" but it refuses to set.. every time I copy a change, it pulls up as NULL.

I tried putting it in the Initial Rad, in the Post Rad in the Process, and in the Display Option where the button is, but nothing I am entering seems to make it to the final copied change.

I know this is just something really simple I am missing, so I am reaching out here after working on this for a few hours..

Thank you!

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: HPSM 9.41 Copy Change & Set Value of a Boolean Field

Jump to solution

Sorry about that, I found the solution.

In the Display Object, in Pre-RAD I put in the following:

inital.value in $L.filed=true

Once I did that, the value would then set when using that Display Option Button.

I got the idea from searching through here a bit more and ran across:

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Service-Manager-Service-Center/How-to-clear-a-field-it-s-related-field-using-Javascript/m-p/1117244#M57772

First Reply:

"Example which removes a value from a field named "email" using a Display Option:

RAD syntax (Pre Rad Expressions tab):

email in $L.filed=NULL"

I was just using the wrong syntax.... it was a something very simple indeed...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Extra note, if I set the value to 't' in the initial change: RAD Debugger: 'x inital.value in $L.file=t' then copy the change, the value stays true in the copy, so I know that the value is not getting unset somewhere further down the line..

>d initial.value in $L.file
true

Can someone please help me sort out what I am doing wrong when it comes to setting this value in the Display Options or Process: cm.changeopen?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Sorry about that, I found the solution.

In the Display Object, in Pre-RAD I put in the following:

inital.value in $L.filed=true

Once I did that, the value would then set when using that Display Option Button.

I got the idea from searching through here a bit more and ran across:

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Service-Manager-Service-Center/How-to-clear-a-field-it-s-related-field-using-Javascript/m-p/1117244#M57772

First Reply:

"Example which removes a value from a field named "email" using a Display Option:

RAD syntax (Pre Rad Expressions tab):

email in $L.filed=NULL"

I was just using the wrong syntax.... it was a something very simple indeed...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.