Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

HPSM DC to DR Auto Switch Over Process

Hello, Anyone have gone through the process of SM DC to DR Auto Switch Over Process in the past? Could you please let me know your valuable inputs regarding the same? I can't really find any official documentation for this activity.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: HPSM DC to DR Auto Switch Over Process

Yes, I did implemented/tested it already; nothing special required for SM; you need to make sure to have it on all layers, most important Database which will depend on your database system and should be set by your database team, (Oracle TAF is not supported and lead to problems), for webtier also standard procedure regardless you use tomcat only or any other more robust combination with F5 or another external load balancer. About the Application, the same. Nothing special, you relly on your operation system capabilities, scripts or external tool to perform the Switch Over, like the standard Windows Fail Over.
Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.