Highlighted
dfilipovic2 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

HPSM - Login failed. Error accessing the "info" file.

Jump to solution

Hello,

We had to convert from vchar to nvchar whole database to accept cyrillic characters, to do that we have copied TEST database to new SQL server and changed whole database.

After I changed route to new DB, added new odbc and "configure.bat" I tried to log in, I get this message "Login failed. Error accessing the "info" file.

In logs I have noticed this message:

18260( 16120) 09/11/2017 09:49:24  RTE W !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 18260( 16120) 09/11/2017 09:49:24  RTE W The SM database has not been completely converted to UTF8
 18260( 16120) 09/11/2017 09:49:24  RTE W Convert the SM database using the 'sm -converttoutf8' on a 9.20/7.x version of the RTE
 18260( 16120) 09/11/2017 09:49:24  RTE W !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I tried to run this command with HPSM service started or shut down I get message "Option "converttoutf8" not recognized".

I have unlocked DB with sm -unlockdatabase.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Best regards,

Dino

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: HPSM - Login failed. Error accessing the "info" file.

Jump to solution

This problem can not be solved. I have found an another way to migrate data to UNICODE type of data.

I have posted instructions here:

https://community.saas.hpe.com/t5/Service-Manager-Service-Center/HPSM-system-load-but-only-data-from-tables/m-p/1614310#M126265

0 Likes
3 Replies
Trusted Contributor.. Julio_A_SM Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi, 

Checking the Help Server I didn't find any useful information about the "converttoutf8" parameter, what is your currently version of SM?

Regards,

Julio Araya,

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello @Julio_A_SM,

we have HPSM V9.51.

Best regards,

Dino

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

This problem can not be solved. I have found an another way to migrate data to UNICODE type of data.

I have posted instructions here:

https://community.saas.hpe.com/t5/Service-Manager-Service-Center/HPSM-system-load-but-only-data-from-tables/m-p/1614310#M126265

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.