Trusted Contributor.. cheikh Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

HPSM update record from DB

Jump to solution

Hi guys ¿ It's posible to update a incident record directly from the database without restarting the SM server to take the changes  ? for example upating the open.group field.

I will explain why I want to do this:

I have two operators that for some reason when they open an incident the open.group field automaticaly generate a long text (please see below screenshots) , this field causes a error when trying to query the record from SM web client or SM Windows client.

For now  I'm solving this problem extending the dbdict definition record( now is varchar2 (850)) , but the problem still occurs when the dabase value is longer that the field length defined in the dbdict.

I have re-created the operators several times , but the problem still persist with these specific operators.

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor.. MarcusReinhardt Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: HPSM update record from DB

Jump to solution

Hi,

did you tried to change the value via a before add and/or before update trigger.

If it occurs only for two users, you can do something like that:

if( system.functions.operator() == "USERA" || system.functions.operator() == "USERB" ) {
    record['open.group'] = "XYZ"; 
}

Maybe the problem is related to the defined open group and not to the operator files.
Sometimes there are hidden character or something like that.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
ALARMus Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

if you do not pay attention to your error messages and talk about DB-  then the answer to the ability to change data in the database - Yes it is possible.

What is you DB ?

What table and data you need change ?

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. MarcusReinhardt Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi,

did you tried to change the value via a before add and/or before update trigger.

If it occurs only for two users, you can do something like that:

if( system.functions.operator() == "USERA" || system.functions.operator() == "USERB" ) {
    record['open.group'] = "XYZ"; 
}

Maybe the problem is related to the defined open group and not to the operator files.
Sometimes there are hidden character or something like that.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. cheikh Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution
Spoiler

Thank you very much , it works.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.