Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

HTML Format Issue with Alert Notification

I am using SM 9.33 with PD 4. I recently setup an alert that triggers every Friday at 10am for and Change record that is in Registration and Categorization.

My problem: A few of the notifications are being sent in HTML code and not formatting properly. The only difference I found is that the description field has more data.

What I have tried:

- I wanted to recreate this issue in my test environment, but have been unable to replicate the problem. I even restored the Test environment from Production and used the same records with the same users, but they format fine when it's sent through test.

-Message buffer size is 1000 in both environments.

-What also gets me is that I use this same html template with several notifications. And the emails are sent with no problem when this template is triggered with other notifications.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hello a2drew,

What is the problem with formatting? The message is being truncated?

Did you have the chance to look the output in eventout? 

Any warning or error messages in the log?

Once i had a problem with html in thunderbird and it was the content-type of the message... on webmail or outlook everything goes well but on thunderbird...

Regards,

Breno Abreu

Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

I think you could enable dynamic debugging just before 10:00 and see if the log shows anything useful for the records that produced the abnormality.
If you find the cause, post it, i would be interested to hear what it is.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi, did you check if the split char for eventout has been filled inside some text of email?

In the past I had the same issue, I was using ^ char for the eventout and, in one specific case, user filled the ^ char inside the brief description. Email was sent truncated until that char.

Regards,

Ernesto

0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

This one still baffles me, but I seem to have found a temporary workaround. The alert had been setup with the calculation type to use an expression to set the $L.alert.time to get the alert to trigger at 10am every Friday.

if (dayofweek(tod())=1) then ($L.alert.time=date(tod())+'4 10:00:00');if (dayofweek(tod())=2) then ($L.alert.time=date(tod())+'3 10:00:00');if (dayofweek(tod())=3) then ($L.alert.time=date(tod())+'2 10:00:00');if (dayofweek(tod())=4) then ($L.alert.time=date(tod())+'1 10:00:00');if (dayofweek(tod())=5) then ($L.alert.time=date(tod())+'7 10:00:00')

However, I switched it to Use field in record + interval. and the email is sent with no problems.

So my problem remains in which I am unable to have the alert trigger at a pre-determined time.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

I did not find that charecter in the change, but if that was the problem, why would it work in Test?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.