Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

HTML Templates missing Subject on Email.

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have created a number of new  HTML Templates and these are ebing procvessed by Connect-It.  I have confgiured them the same as our current temapltes, however once the emails are produced the body fo the email gets generated correctly, but the emails are sent without a subject line.

The jscall( "htmlemailtemplates.getMailHeader", "Change Open", $L.file, $L.file.save) is added into the Email/Mail Subject Line within Notifications.  The Template also contains a valid subject.

Our existing emails are being processed by Connect-It with a Subject Line.

Any idea what I can check?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Re: HTML Templates missing Subject on Email.

Jump to solution

jscall( "htmlemailtemplates.getMailHeader", "Change Open", $L.file, $L.file.save) should be added in the express tab and ref in the subject line.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

From the older days I remember that a string becomes NULL if one part of the string is null.

Check if the Subject line contains an empty variable. Or try to send your email with statis subject text like "Test Subject".

Example:

Emergency change {$RECORD.number} phase {current_phase} has been closed by {operator}.

If one of the variables "$RECORD.number", "current_phase" or "operator" wents to NULL, it could null out the whole Subject Line.

Thank you for using the MicroFocus ServiceManager Support and News Forum. If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Hi, 

We have the subject line also as the first line of the template email, which populates data as expected.

Change {RECORD.number} advanced to Phase {$RECORD.current_phase} by {operator}.

Thisn is the line we have in the Arugments: 

jscall( "htmlemailtemplates.getMailHeader", "csChM Change Open", $L.file, $L.file.save)

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

You wrote the code like:

Change {RECORD.number} advanced to Phase {$RECORD.current_phase} by {operator}.

Please check the bolded text - is it just a typo from you, or does it actually miss a dollar sign?

---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Yes I did miss the $ on my post - I pasted it in and it was a hyperlink so I had to edit it.

this is what we have configured:

Change {$RECORD.number} has been opened by {operator}.

We have 4 templates not one of those work - the subject is missing from all.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Make sure that you are assigning a value the operator variable in the expressions tab of HTML template. 

{operator} will be NULL if you don't assign a value in the expressions. 

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

jscall( "htmlemailtemplates.getMailHeader", "Change Open", $L.file, $L.file.save) should be added in the express tab and ref in the subject line.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.