Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Help including the catalog bundle name in the SD title on Submit

I've been asked to add the bundle name to the SD title when we submit a request with an approval.  I'm struggling to figure out how to do this.

I've found the relationship between the cart and SD, but the SD ticket number is not yet assigned at this point so that does not work.  I've searched everywhere to find a variable that contains the part number or bundle name, but I'm continuing to come up empty.

Has anyone else done something like this?

SM 7.11

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You can put the following expression in the Catalog Connector expressions to move the Item Description (typically that one is filled with the displayName in the catalog item) into a field of your choosing in the final file (if your connector opens a change, $L.file will be cm3r)

YourField in $L.file=item.description in $L.item

The cart item info itself can be seen directly from the interaction via a virtual join. If you want to have it be part of the SD title, you will have to add the displayName from the svcCartItem to the title, maybe as a pre-add trigger JavaScript on the interaction (incidents) record.

I hope this helps?

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Thanks Iris.  This does not really help though.  This connector opens a request and I'm trying to include the description in the SD ticket.  I know we can create a join on the SD to display it once it is approved and the quote is created, but we're actually trying to get the value in the SD title on add. 

With the approval step, the quote is not added until after the approval.  The cartItem is also not accessible until the SD is created and has a number assigned.  This is where the problem has been, trying to get the description or part.no to pass from the cart to the SD on creation.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.