tgnishant_1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Help with interaction form, affected.item field

Jump to solution
Hi Experts

On the interaction form(SD.open.interaction), after entering the values for the fields callback.contact and contact.name, when I enter a value into the service field(affected.item) and click on the fill button, i get the following message: Cannot find related information in device using query: logical.name isin $L.valid.subscriptions and logical.name#"XYZ" and device.type~="cigroup". I get it that I get this message is because the keyed in value in the affected.item is not available to be used by the selected Service recipient.

Can someone please help me out with figuring out where this message is getting called from. I did try and decipher the SD.open.interaction, however i've not had much luck.

My requirement / What i need to do is nullify the affected.item field when this message comes up as this means that this service is not available for the user and they have to either key in something which can be consumed by the service recipient or to use the fill button and select from the available list.

HOpe someone can help me out.

Regards
Nishant GT
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bhalal Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Help with interaction form, affected.item field

Jump to solution
Hi,

You need to temp store the $L.valid.subscriptions value in the expression..

Here goes the steps..
1. You have a line in the Affected.item Expression link line as below.

if (not null($L.valid.subscriptions)) then ($query="logical.name isin $L.valid.subscriptions")

2. Insert below line before the above expression

$debugvariable=$L.valid.subscriptions

3. In the Javascript Tab [Next to Expression] give a statement as ...

print("DEBUG : $L.valid.subscriptions = " +vars.$debugvariable);

Hope it helps

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Absent Member.. Jos van Harn Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
You can't really stop the message, but you could introduce the fill.recurse in the link to do what you describe in the next "link line".

Are you familiar with the fill.recurse functionality?
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Jos van Harn Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Come to think of it, you probaly need to use the embedded "next line" functionality and not fill.recurse.

This means you add a line below the current link line for affected.item also called affected.item in which you can either provide a different selection criteria and/or manipulate the interaction record.
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Kristen Branson Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Have you checked the SD.open.interaction link record?
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Kristen Branson Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Nevermind...disregard that last message. I see now that I reread this that you did check it.

0 Likes
Carol Hibbard Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
In the OOB implementation, you should not be able to select a Service that the service recipient has not been subscribed to.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
All

Thanks for your replies and suggestions. However I'd like an input on a likely scenario that I am encountering related to my original problem.

The new issue is that people can type into the "affected item" field and if they type the name correctly(however it might not be subscribed to the person who is the service recipient) and click on escalate button, the escalation happens.

I would like to know how to restrict a person who is not a subscriber of the service that has been keyed in. Hope you can help out

Regards
Nishant
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
HI All

In addition to the above, can someone tell me where is the error message("Cannot find related information in device using query") getting called from the SD.open.interaction link record, as I tried to find it and could not.

Thanks
Nishant
0 Likes
Carol Hibbard Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Look at the Link record for affected.item on the SD.open.interaction form

if (not null(affected.item in $File)) then ($query=$query+" and logical.name#\""+affected.item in $File+"\" and device.type=\"bizservice\"") else if (not null($query)) then ($query=$query+" and device.type=\"bizservice\"") else ($query="device.type=\"bizservice\"")
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi all

Can anyone please help me with the following:

1) From the expressions in the link line - affected.item, can you please tell me how can i print the values in there. for example I would want to print the values getting into the following: $L.valid.subscriptions.

Thanks and regards
Nishant GT
0 Likes
Bhalal Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi,

You need to temp store the $L.valid.subscriptions value in the expression..

Here goes the steps..
1. You have a line in the Affected.item Expression link line as below.

if (not null($L.valid.subscriptions)) then ($query="logical.name isin $L.valid.subscriptions")

2. Insert below line before the above expression

$debugvariable=$L.valid.subscriptions

3. In the Javascript Tab [Next to Expression] give a statement as ...

print("DEBUG : $L.valid.subscriptions = " +vars.$debugvariable);

Hope it helps

View solution in original post

Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thanks Bhalal, your answer really helped me.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.