Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Hover-over popup window input that differs from the field's input - full names vs logins

Hello

we cope with easy business desire - showing full names in fileds like contact, service recepient, assignee etc. and displaying details in hower-over window (popup window). The problem - it seems that popup window only works if input is the same like filed input of the filed which "triggers" the popup window. And if the files contains full name (which are ambiguous) then message "More than one record found" is shown instead of deatils.

Is ti possible to change popup input (link) to different field. E.g.  asignee field showing full name however popup windows (enabled for this field) woul use assigne.login as input... ?

Any trick ? 🙂 Kerob

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Hover-over popup window input that differs from the field's input - full names vs logins

Hello Kerob

hope you are doing well.

according to your descrition since this is customized what needs to be done firstly is the configuration you already have in your system, for sure, a RAD will need to be configured.

Since troubleshooting is neeeded, could you please proceed to open a SM case with Service Manager team?

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Hover-over popup window input that differs from the field's input - full names vs logins

I took a quick look at your Word doc. Since your popup is tied to your contact full name field and is not unique, I understand your problem. What you could do is add your unique contact.name field to your Request form. Make it a smaller read-only field, you could place it to the right of the Requested For full name field. Make it fill in from your link record. Then you can put the popup on that contact.name field, since it will be unique it will always work.

I think I tried using an alias field and had problems. Hope that works for you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Hello Carlos,

yes I will to. The point is that if field iput <> popup input the popup window stops working instead of loading data and showing the expected content. If field input == popup input then eveything works fine - however then it cannot be used to solve e.g. showing  contact full names (input = contact full name) and in related popup window showing contact details (input = contact name because this is the primary key). Kerob

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Hello Malcolm,

we were thinking about solution like that, it probably works - as workaround. The root cause is probably in sw bug in popup windows input parametr handling... I think. Anyway thx very much. Kerob

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.