Larry Hollingsw Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

How can we turn off part of solution matching when escalating an Interaction to an Incident.

Background:

In the newer versions of SM, we're finding that HP has new code (mostly js) that handles what HP thinks the user wants. This can be good if there is accompanying documentation.

We've run into an issue in upgrading SM to 9.41 PD where we need to turn off part of solution matching when escalating an SD to an IM.

In digging around, we found a table named: imMatchQuery seems to play a significant part but has little documentation.

The Real Question:

If we want to turn off records on table: imMatchQuery such as: "Find an incident with a matching service" when escalating an SD to an IM, how would HP recommend that we do this short of deleting the record?

-Larry-

0 Likes
9 Replies
TomPowe Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How can we turn off part of solution matching when escalating an Interaction to an Incident.

i think this is done in the Incident Management Profiles. There is a tab called Incident Matching options.  Uncheck those boxes and see if it stops trying to match things for you.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: How can we turn off part of solution matching when escalating an Interaction to an Incident.

You would be correct using older versions of SM, but I think that it has changed in SM 9.41 codeless.

-Larry-

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. Kelalek2 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Have you checked your Incident workflow's settings?

Open the IM workflow in a Process Designer, click "Edit Workflow properties", choose from the bottom panel 'Workflow Based Rule Sets' -> 'After successful add" -> delete Rule Set 'im.incident.matching',. Name of the rule may be a bit different based on your renaming policy, but you shouldn't have difficulties to find it.

I didn't notice this before, but there seems to a setting in a 'Security role' called 'Use solution matching' inside of Incident area. Based on ruleset's condition, it's not an only option that triggers when matching process is run and when not. But of course you can edit the ruleset's condition, if you wish to enable the matching process only certain roles and not to block it completely.

---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks Kelalek2.

I did try unchecking the flag "Use solution matching" on the secRights records for the operator I was using to no avail -           during escalation of an SD to an IM, the title matching panel pops-up eventhough there are no matching requests...

Indeed, I did remove the RuleSet: 'im.incident.matching' a while back from our version of the Incident workflow, so it shouldn't be running.

Good ideas all!

I also can remove incident matching completely by modifying the Process: sd.escalate and falsing the condition for the  RAD: incident.matching   but I still want CI matching, therefore I'm back to square one.

It's weird that HP made this function so difficult to manage without any real help for the end-user...

-Larry-

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Sorry Larry, I misunderstood your question. My bad. I hope I got you now.

Did some digging and found an application "incident.matching" that calls in a code line a following JS script: $L.temp.queries=jscall("SolutionMatching.getIMQueries", $L.file, $L.table)

Further, the JS script pulls the queries you referenced from a table called 'imMatchQuery'. As a default, every query is retrieved. So if I got the whole system functionality right, I came with two options to block certain matching queries:

1) Remove the queries you want to get rid of

2) Sophisticated: Add a 'Enabled' field to table 'imMatchQuery' and the forms it uses, check the queries you need and modify the JS script SolutionMatching.getIMQueries so, that it pulls only the enabled queries.

Hope this was what you are looking for.

---
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Yes, this is what I ended up doing. Using DB in Admin mode, I changed all the offending records in the imMatchQuery table using the RAD Debugger. I suffixed the value in the field tableName with "_OFF" and this stopped them from being selected. As an example, the record where id="sdkeService" was altered so that tableName being incidents was changed to incidents_OFF.

I was surprised that HP hired Wally from the cartoon Dilbert to design and test this function.

Anyway, now since the only query running when I escalate an SD to in IM is "Find an incident with a matching configuration item", even this seems to run improperly.

When I escalate the SD, I get the Solution Candidate prompt for this matching query, but there are no matching incidents found. If there are no matching incidents found, then why is this prompt appearing... Therefore, my next question is how to make this prompt appear only when there are matches.

Note: I will ask the pointy haired boss to find Wally to ask him what he was thinking here...

See the attached.

Thanks,

-Larry-

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Larry, my educated guess is that the incident.matching application is indeed designed to show itself even there are no matching records.

Of course, there is a trick that you pre-run your matching query (SD CI matched to IM CI) in a sd.escalate process and use the result (=number of matching records found) to trigger whether to actually run incident.matching application or not. Probably you thought the same already.

Yes, this causes some extra burden to system and is an ultimate bubblegum solution, but I can't figure out a neater way to show matching window only when needed. To my understanding, RAD application designing is required to hide the whole matching screen in 'no matches' situations.

Of course you could open ER to HP, explain the situation and demand a true fix. May the Dilbert be with you. 🙂

---
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks Kelalek!

I will look into this and post the results when completed.

-Larry-

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Interesting tidbit -

There seems to be a bug in HP code.
Process-sd.escalate (which controls Incident Matching) calls RAD: incident.matching based on this condition:
     jscall("ServiceDeskSwitch.getSDSwitch")=false and $G.bg=false and $L.continue and $L.exists=true and ($L.escalateRelation="Escalated Incident" or $L.escalateRelation="Escalated Request" or $L.escalateRelation="Escalated Problem")

ScriptLibrary-ServiceDeskSwitch.getSDSwitch calls the following to set the return value:
  var envvalue= lib.settings.getSettingValue("Service Desk", "sd.switch");

ScriptLibrary-settings.getSettingValue looks to the settings table for field: sd.switch which doesn't exist setting the value to false and therefore always making the incident.matching routine run.

-Larry-

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.