Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
ramamoorthyshal Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

How to Copy a Existing Change form to another form?

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to create a new RFC from an existing RFC without having to  open an new RFC . Like a "template" from an existing RFC with all the information copied to the new RFC "automatically" and then edited by the Change Originator to make it unique.

Any Suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Shalini R

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. roberto_rb Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: How to Copy a Existing Change form to another form?

Jump to solution

Hi,

If you just want to copy an existing change, I would suggest you to go to that particular change record and then in the options menu click on Copy Record (or Clone) and a new change with the same values will be created.

If what you are trying  is to be able to open a new change record anytime from any other existing record (which I guess is not going to be the same), I don't think this is possible. You could create a new template that you can use to fill out the change record when you are creating it.

Regards,

Roberto.

0 Likes
9 Replies
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi,

If you just want to copy an existing change, I would suggest you to go to that particular change record and then in the options menu click on Copy Record (or Clone) and a new change with the same values will be created.

If what you are trying  is to be able to open a new change record anytime from any other existing record (which I guess is not going to be the same), I don't think this is possible. You could create a new template that you can use to fill out the change record when you are creating it.

Regards,

Roberto.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

As You Mentioned, Copy Record is used to create a new record with same values. but Change Originator is also getting Copied. so is there a way to change the "Originator" based on Operator() logged in?

Regards,

Shalini R

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi,

I don't think Change Originator is an OOB field, is it? If this is a custom field in your system, then it will be processed as any other normal field and that is why you see the previous person in the new record. If that is the scenario, you might need to do a little tailoring in the copy process so that the new record overwrites this field with the current operator.

If you check the OOB field (I think it is opened.by) it will already appear with the current operator and not the previous one.

Regards,

Roberto

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi,

I actually saw that the field you are asking about is orig.operator. However this field is updated to the new operator after I copy it in an OOB system. Would need to check your system to see why it is not changing the field in the record that was copied; I would suggest you to open a support ticket if you would like to go deeper in this particular detail.

Regards,

Roberto

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

HI,

Please find the below mentioned screenshot for Open Process.

In Final Expressions we have Some default code. Now What will be the Code should write their to overwrite Change Originator Field. Also It should remove the Values of XXX Array Field From the Form.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Roberto,

Thanks a lot.

I have Done the changes in Copy Process. Its Working Fine as expected. Thank You.

Regards,

Shalini R

0 Likes
Absent Member.. John Stagaman Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

In the change phase defintion (in PD Change is is called the Extended Phase Definition) the field "Link to Use for Copy/Open" on the Model tabh allows you to assign a link record to determine which fields should be copied to the new change. Only the fields which you map in the link line detail are copied. 

This allows you to exclude fields such as orig.operator, actual start/end, actual outage start/end, test results, closure code, closing coments, etc. from being copied to the new change. It can be more flexible than modifications at the process level. 

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi John,

Thank You for Your suggestion.

I have Few Doubts,

1) Is  it like I need to create a new Link File? Because CM3r is there. but If i do any changes there, then it will impact other areas.

2) In which  phase I should use "Link to Use for Copy/Open" option?(draft or all the phases).

If possible can you post an example for this.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Shalini R

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. Fayaz_Ahmad Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Expert,

where I can find this?

please tell me the steps.

In the change phase defintion (in PD Change is is called the Extended Phase Definition) the field "Link to Use for Copy/Open" on the Model tabh allows you to assign a link record to determine which fields should be copied to the new change. Only the fields which you map in the link line detail are copied. 

This allows you to exclude fields such as orig.operator, actual start/end, actual outage start/end, test results, closure code, closing coments, etc. from being copied to the new change. It can be more flexible than modifications at the process level. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.