Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

How to Import values from an Array into Virtual join

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

We are having HP service manager 9.40. & I'm looking a way forward in order to import the array values into a virtual join.

My source table is an audit table where all the values are stoted when an audit is enabled on CI.

I'm able to pull the data from character fields on to the virtual join, but the values present in the following fields in Audit table , I'm unable to pull as shown below:

values in Audit Table look like:

Audit table has following fields named :

Field Name ; Old Scalar; New Scalar :

Kindly suggest

Thanks Neo

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: How to Import values from an Array into Virtual join

Jump to solution

Hi John,

Many thanks for the information provided!

I checked on the url where the Jacob solutions was present.

I'm sharing it over here as well:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Service-Manager-Service/track-the-updates-of-CI-s/m-p/5873665/highlight/true#M95614

The solution provided by jacob worked like a charm.

Thanks again John,

Rgds

neo

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Any Suggestions!!

Thanks

Neo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

The fields mentioned are not array fields, but are instead parts of an arrayed structure: 

An arrayed structure is essentially a logical table embedded in the main table. Each row of the arrayed structure includes the field.name, old.scalar, new.scalar, old.array. new.array elements. 

The vitutal join cannot include the scalar fields in the dbdict AND the arrayed structure rows. It is possbile to display the arrayed structure rows only, however. When defining a VJ table to display a virtual join, each column of the table must include the structure name and the field name from the structure:

The subformat on the parent form should use the input for the ticket number alias linked to the audit table. 

Alternative

If you search the forums, several years ago, Jacob Huebner provided a script to format audit records using HTML, which was much easier to read than the OOB horrible audit form. It still was executed via More Actions > Audit Log, but was a significant improvement over the OOB view.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi John,

Many thanks for the information provided!

I checked on the url where the Jacob solutions was present.

I'm sharing it over here as well:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Service-Manager-Service/track-the-updates-of-CI-s/m-p/5873665/highlight/true#M95614

The solution provided by jacob worked like a charm.

Thanks again John,

Rgds

neo

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.