NOTICE: Significant community changes coming soon
The header menu and the home page on our community will be changing soon. Get more information HERE.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

How to Stop, Alter, and Restart Marquee

I have modified a Form and added Marquee to it.  $Marquee.slw.

I am displaying that on the form.  But it's like a vampire.  I have been unable to kill it.  I've even deleted the Marquee under SysAdmin>Base Sys Config>Publishing Utilities>ModifyMarquees - but still it keeps scrolling.

I need to be able to stop, modify, start marquees at will.

Any advice needed.

Thanks

Stacy Whetzell

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

You can edit your $MARQUEE.slw text by going to the SYSPUBLISH table and searching for "$SMARQUEE.slw" (or just do a true search and pick it from the list, there aren't many).

herestacy.png

You have this added to the To Do Queue landing page. New users logging in will see the updated text but users who were logged in before the text change will still see the original text as it was at the time of their login unless they refresh the page.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.