Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

How to access a value saved in table through FC

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

My requirement is to validate a field called frequency. Below are the two conditions for validation.

1. If incident status is already in “Closed” state, then validation should not take place.Untitled.png
  2. When moving an incident from open to close, then only the validation should be done.Mandatory.png

When I click Close Incident button, the status of ticket will change to Closed before saving it to database. Below is the condition which I gave in FC under validation.

ticket.status in $file~="Closed"

validation.JPG

Now first condition will work. I mean, it won’t ask for validation when ticket status is in closed state. But my second requirement won’t work , because when I click Close Incident button, the status get changed to closed hence validation of frequency won’t take place. But in corresponding table the value of ticket status is still Open, since I have not saved this change. So is there any way to access this value from Table through FC?

Any suggestions are appreciated 🙂

Thanks & Regards,

Jithisha

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to access a value saved in table through FC

Jump to solution

If you click button "Close Incident" - then action for it in DO.

May be you need set some temp variable ($yourvariable) in DO, to check it in FC.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

If you click button "Close Incident" - then action for it in DO.

May be you need set some temp variable ($yourvariable) in DO, to check it in FC.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Alarmus,

I created a temporary variable called $tempvalidation under calculation of FC. Below screenshot shows the same.

temp.png

Now this variable will contain value false, if Ticket status is ‘Closed’ else it will contain true.

But am not sure how to validate this variable. Below are the conditions which I have tried.

$tempvalidation in $file~=false

$tempvalidation in $L.file~=false

tempvalidation in $file~=false

Could you please help me to validate this temporary variable.

Thanks & Regards,

Jithisha

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Try  not($tempvalidation) or $tempvalidation~=false

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Why not to set condition 

Do you need that validation of frequency field start when status changed to Closed ?

Then condition for FC in validations tab:

update: not same(ticket.status in $file,ticket.status in $file0) and ticket.status in $file="Closed"

Validation: not null(frequency in $file)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks TomPowe..

I am able to validate temporary variable using below.

not($tempvalidation) or $tempvalidation~=false

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.