Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

How to add a button, or customize the format menu.gui.ess.SD in ess.

Hello All,

My client want to customize the format menu.gui.ess.SD to add new button in ESS Portal.

I don't know how to customize this.. I know that i can add a Display option in screen but i don't know in which screen.

Have you a solution to me?

Thanks a lot

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: How to add a button, or customize the format menu.gui.ess.SD in ess.

You need to add the button action on the ESSSM menu (if u use the default, check on the operator) and use it's ID as the button ID in the form.
Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: How to add a button, or customize the format menu.gui.ess.SD in ess.

Hello 

Thanks for contacting us.

if what you want is buttons in the bar like these ones.image.png

You are going to be looking for display Screen/option, you can access them by typing "ds" or "do" in the command line of Service Manager.

if you are looking to add buttons inside the form itself, you will have to type in the command line "fd" to bring out the form designer screen where you can insert the name of the form that you want, after that, just hit the "design" and you are going to be present with the options that you have to add to the form. 

Note: if you pull the design of the form and it comes all grey, that is most likely a subform, you can click it, and it the properties screen, you will see its name so you can search for it the same way you did with the first one.

Hope this helps.

BR!

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.