Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

How to add an hyperlink or button on index.do to access a SM User's Help doc.

Hello Experts.
I'm using SM 9.34 and I want to provide a link or a button to access Support Documents / User Manuals / tool Introduction Documents on the login page [index.do] which will enable New users to get Idea about the application / Support structure / How the tool works like.

(I attach an image, also, to this post)

I've found the QCCR1E116648 where it says :

The workaround that I have in place today is where I have modified sm\WEB-INF\classes\com\hp\ov\cwc\web\app_labels_en.properties file with the following HTML tags: Click here for NS Employee Self Service

May be this field i've found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\webapps\SM9\WEB-INF\classes\com\hp\ov\cwc\web\app_labels_es.properties

I've opened it with Notepad++ to see the content....but yet i have no idea how to set a HTML tag "Click here for help" with an hyperlink.

This is the content of the app_labels_es.properties file :

# <!-- (C) Copyright Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. All rights reserved. -->
App.Version=9.33.0000
App.ResourceVersion=9.33.0000
App.VersionDate=${BUILD_TIMESTAMP}
App.VersionTime=${BUILD_TIMESTAMP}
App.Name=HP Service Manager
App.BuildDate=${BUILD_TIMESTAMP}
App.BuildTime=${BUILD_TIMESTAMP}
App.BuildNumber=-SNAPSHOT
App.CopyrightYear=1994-2014
App.Copyright=(c) Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. Reservados todos los derechos.
App.Title=HP Service Manager
NavMenu.FrameTitle=Men\u00fa de navegaci\u00f3n
Detail.FrameTitle=Vista detallada
List.FrameTitle=Lista
ListDetail.FrameTitle=Detalles del elemento seleccionado en la lista
FavoritesMgr.FrameTitle=Gestor de favoritos
MessagesList.FrameTitle=Mensajes
Admin.Email=admin@esteDominio.com

Thanks in advance.

Good questions will have Good answers
Tags (3)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to add an hyperlink or button on index.do to access a SM User's Help doc.

Hello Norita.

Hope you are doing well.

According to your description add a link in the index.do page, an ER was opened to take in consideration in future release but it was deferred. Please see the following link:

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR1E116648?lang=en&cc=us&hpappid=202392_OSP_PRO_HPE

The workaround was created for them but it is not in OOB functionality. My suggestion about it is reopen an ER pointing that QCCR in order to R&D study this possibility again and provide you an answer with results.

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: How to add an hyperlink or button on index.do to access a SM User's Help doc.

Thank you Carlos,  following your suggestion I've opened a ER case that mentions the QCCR1E116648

Have a Good day

Good questions will have Good answers
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi,

As workaround you might use next

In sm\WEB-INF\classes\com\hp\ov\cwc\web\app_labels_en.properties file 

Replace from 

App.Title=HP Service Manager 

to 

App.Title=<a href="http://URLhere">PortalIntsruction</a> 

But your HTML metatag Title aslo will be replaced to  <a href="http://myURLhere">PortalInstruction</a> 

HTH.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

I recently needed to add a hyperlink and I found the following thread that helped me add a button to the form. Here is the link: <https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM623329>

Here is the solution from that thread that worked for me:

How to create a button on a form that will open "google" main page.

Solution

What steps are required to create a button on a form that will open "google" main page?

1. The form (apm.quick.g) using to create a new incident will be the sample form.

2. The display screen controlling this form is "apm.first"

3. Run "do" on Service Manager Client and search Screen ID is"apm.first"

4. Add a new display option for "apm.first"

Action: do nothing 

Unique ID: button_testing

GUI Option: number that doesn't appear in the existing list, such as 913. (number < 200 will appear on the Task Bar, For example: OK, Cancel, or else will appear on form).

Text Option: Same as GUI Option 

Bank: 1 

Default Label: button_testing

User Condition: true 

Pre RAD Expressions: $L.temp.name="http://google.com

RAD: us.launch.external , Names: name , Values: $L.temp.name

5. Run "fd" on Service Manager Client and search form name is "apm.quick.g"

6. Click the Design button to enter Design mode.

7. Add a button object to the Form with the following properties:

Caption: button_testing

Button ID: the number you have set in step 4 in GUI Option, such as 913.

8. Save changes. 

9. Log off and log on again.

10. Try to create a new incident, click the button "button_testing" for testing.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.