Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to add new entry in a existing combo box?

I want to add new entries in a combobox. In the property section of comboBox i found "value list" mentioned as "$G.Cust.Flag". 

to add new entries i tried the below solution: (by adding new value in the value list, but its not working)

https://ernestodisanto.wordpress.com/2016/04/28/hpsm-form-designer-tips-change-values-according-to-selection/

I am not able to find the mentioned variable ("$G.Cust.Flag"). as per my understanding i need to add new value inside this mentioned variable. How can i achieve this?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: How to add new entry in a existing combo box?

HI,

Have you tried seraching in Gloabal list? If not please follow the below steps and check,

1. In SM command prompt type gl and enter.

2. In List Variable field eneter the value list variable name. In your case enter "$G.Cust.Flag" and click on search.

3. If you see any record while search, then add the value list, as per your requirement.

Hope, It may Help.

Thanks & Regards,

Shalini R

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

The previous poster's suggestion is the best place to start. If you cannot find it in the globallists table as mentioned, then there are multiple ways to add values to the var. You could append to it on the login.DEFAULT formatctrl (assuming it is populated at that time) or you could append to it on the displayscreen or the formatctrl which is called when the combo box is shown. Those are just some options to consider if you can't find it.

What version of SM are you running?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Hi dear,

First, is it the variable in your FD?

You can use the command *afind.string to search where this variable is available, in the client. It is too easy.

I will put an attached example.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

It would be helpful if you described the form and field to which the combo box relates. Just the list variable is not much to start with. Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.