Established Member.. amykoh
Established Member..

How to allow SM Web Service to be accessed by external system via internet

Hi experts,

I have a SM 9.4 setup with 3 tier architecture. The Web servers reside in DMZ zone. The App and DB reside internal production zone.

From the understanding of webservices, it is required to be consumed via https://servername:13080/....And webservices resides and is called from SM App layer

For integrations to other apps within the internal prodcution zone is not an issue.

I have a requirement for 3rd party system to consume SM Web services via INTERNET.

How can this be achive this?

TIA,

Amy

0 Likes
2 Replies
djdilipkumar Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to allow SM Web Service to be accessed by external system via internet

Hi Amy,

For this configure an IIS server in your application server and use redirect URL functionality to point to HPSM web service URL. 

Later user the IIS URL to get published over DNS.

Cheers,

DJ

0 Likes
Established Member.. amykoh
Established Member..

Re: How to allow SM Web Service to be accessed by external system via internet

Hi DJ,

The SM architecture is in 3 tier design: 

Web (resides in DMZ)

App (Internal)

DB (Internal)

So where should my IIS reside? Web servers side? 

Thanks for this!

Regards,

Amy

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.