Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to call fill function by pressing enter key?

Dear gurus,

I'm trying to implement following trick to SD.open.interaction form for SM 9.21.

1) Service Desk people writes for Contact field (techically callback.contact) *searchkey* (yeah, asterisks are the wildcards, not typos)
2) Next: Help Desk people presses enter and voila, the fill function should be called and if there are many hits, QBE list should be shown and if there is a single hit, callback.contact should contain the name of that user which matches the search.

The problem is how to call fill function. There seems to be no way to implement JavaSciprt events on Service Manager fields, so there must be another and unintuitive way to do this!?

Thanks!
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello,

Were you ever able to figure this out?  I am also trying to do something similar.

Thanks

0 Likes
Absent Member..

The pressing of the Enter key is associated with displayoption 0.

So simply create a copy of displayoption Fill (9) for that displayscreen and change the option from 9 to 0.

Now fill will work for F9 and Enter.

Thanks,

Michael

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Michael

I cant get this to work on SM 9.3

I copied the displayoption for cc.first_fill (option 9) to cc.first_fill_0 and option 0 .. no luck

Am I doing something wrong?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

For the search screen you have to change the "Fill Button ID" property of each field from 9 to 0.

hth,
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.