Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Honored Contributor.. gdurso Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

How to change default category for ESS interactions

I want to change the default category of new interactions raised through ESS.

Studying the ServiceDesk workflow a Logging phase Initiaization Tab I see the rule set sd.initial calls the "Template.apply.default.template" process.

This process in turn invokes the "Template.apply.default.template" RAD.

On the "retrieve.default.template" panel of this RAD I see a reference to default.template in $L.object"

The Incidents Object under Views/Template specifies for Default Template: "default.template in $G.sm.environment"

Where is this default template stored? How do I modify it?

I had a look at the templates table I see interaction templates there but they don't seem relevant.

Thanks

0 Likes
2 Replies
Honored Contributor.. gdurso Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: How to change default category for ESS interactions

Left out SM Version: 9.40

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. John Stagaman Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: How to change default category for ESS interactions

Templates do not include category in 9.40 Codeless/Process Designer workflows. 

The ESS category is set in the sdUtils Script LIbrary record (it is called by the cc.open.from.menu RAD called by the Submit A Request button):

/**
*  This function is to get the category of interaction to be created for 'submit a request' in ESS.
*  @return {string}  -  Category name. 
*/
function getSDDefaultCat()
{
	//var defCat=lib.settings.getSettingValue(lib.security.getArea("incidents"), "default.category");		
	//if(defCat==null || defCat=="true")
	{		
		return "incident";
	}	

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.