Honored Contributor.. winnielee Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

How to change phase name

Hi,

I've wrong spelling in my workflow phase, how do I change the name as from the form the name dim in grey color.

Appreciate that if anyone can advice

0 Likes
3 Replies
TomPowe Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to change phase name

In the non-process Designer way, you can go into the Phase record itself and change the name. For example, for Change Management, you could go to Change Management  - Changes - Change Phases.  However, Phases are referenced in Categories and can be coded into format controls, etc, so, if you do change your phase name, make sure you aren't referencing it elsewhere. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Abhijit K Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

PD steps:

I have faced similar issue while implementing PD in change management.

You can go to database manager and search for workflow table in that search for the same phase name and then make changes to it.

After this transition will be delinked from workflow, so you need to update also transition table, go to transition table and make changes or go to workflow edit it in workflow designer and add new transition for the phase which is missing.

Hope this helps to you.

Regards,

Abhijit K

0 Likes
Absent Member.. John Stagaman Absent Member..
Absent Member..

You can update the phase name in the Workflow and WorkflowPhase tables. For any transitions which went to the renamed phase, you must update the phase name in the source WorkflowPhase record on the transitions tab (the to phase phasename is saved in the workflowphase record).

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.