Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

How to change the name

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

Please find the attached image.

Could anyone please tell me how to change the name that appears while searching in a form.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandhu Mol

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Thanks for the replays...

It worked.. I have added the below condition to the db.search and db.view displayscreens as you suggested.

if ($L.format="form name") then ($L.title="Title you want to see")

Thanks & Regards,

Sandhu Mol

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

The value of the "name" of a tab is $L.title. This can be set in many places, usually most easily in the displayscreen. However, in this case, it looks like that's a custom table, so you may want to add an scmessage record for your table. This scmessage record should have class="tablename", message.id="name of your actual custom dbdict", severity=1, message="user-friendly name/caption of your dbdict".

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

I tried by adding a scmessage as you suggested. But the title remained the same as I attached in the previous post.

Also I have searched in displayscreen but I couldn't find any.

So can you please tell from where exactly this default value is coming.

Thanks in Advance…

Thanks & Regards,

Sandhu Mol

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

If you view that same screen in the thick client, down in the bottom-right of the client will be the form name and the displayscreen name; it will look like this: myGroups.g(db.search) or something similiar. The part inside the paratheses is the displayscreen. So, if you go to that displayscreen, in the Initializations tab you can say something like this:

$L.title="Whatever You Want It To Say"

Now, you should be cautious doing this for two reasons:

1: You may be going down a rabbit hole with modifying displayscreens. That is, you may have to edit multiple displayscreen records (db.search, db.view, etc., etc.) to catch everywhere that you want to change this title. You will have to remember these edits when it's time to upgrade.

2: You probably will not want the title to always say this. You'll only want it to say this when doing things with your custom table. So, to handle this, you should make the condition more like this:

if (filename($L.file)="yourTableName") then ($L.title="Whatever You Want It To Say")

All this being said, it is preferable to not go around editing a bunch of displayscreen records. The scmessage record which you added to caption your table, does it look like the attached image?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Thanks for the replays...

It worked.. I have added the below condition to the db.search and db.view displayscreens as you suggested.

if ($L.format="form name") then ($L.title="Title you want to see")

Thanks & Regards,

Sandhu Mol

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.