Established Member.. SteveZK
Established Member..

How to change the sort order of a table in a form

Jump to solution

Hello,

I want to change the sort order of the task table in cm3r.tasks.horz to phase - close time - task number.

Does any one have an idea how I can do this, I searched for hours and I didn't find it - even not in documentation and not here in the forum.

Kind regards

Steve

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PLP Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: How to change the sort order of a table in a form

Jump to solution

Hello,

First Make sure that the field close.time is correctly filled in the cm3t table.

In the cm3r link modify the line regarding the cm3t table:

In the field "Sort Field" choose close.time and in the field "Sort Order" choose "Ascending" or "Descending".

LPP

Global Support Delivery Software Support Expert

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
4 Replies
PLP Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello,

First Make sure that the field close.time is correctly filled in the cm3t table.

In the cm3r link modify the line regarding the cm3t table:

In the field "Sort Field" choose close.time and in the field "Sort Order" choose "Ascending" or "Descending".

LPP

Global Support Delivery Software Support Expert

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
Outstanding Contributor.. Ngoc_Ngo_SM Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi,

What do you mean "the sort order"? COuld you please clarify this point?

THanks in advance!

0 Likes
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Hi,

thank's for this fast feedback, unfortunately, I didn't explain correctly what I need :

In the Task Tab of the change management is a subform called cm3r.tasks.horz. In this form is a table displayed with the tasks of the opened change.

These tasks are actually sorted by phase and task number, which means active tasks comes first the closed tasks by task number.

Now, we want to change this sort order to close.time, phase and task number. The result would be that first open tasks are shown, then the closed task showing the latest closed first.

Steve

0 Likes
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Hi PLP,

indeed, your solution was correct. I didn't understand why the link of cm3r has to be modified to change the sort order of cm3t subform but now, I understood the relationship.

Even if I can't sort over more fileds, setting the sort to close.time descending do what I need.

Kind regards

Steve

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.