Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

How to create a Next Business Day SLA process target

Hi,

I'm struggling with the following requirement:

I have an assignment group which handles incidents. There is a contract in place that requires that the incidents handled by this group need to be resolved within the Next Business Day. I want to monitor SLA achievement with a process target in Service Manager

General setup

• Business Day Definition: Mondays - Fridays 7.00 a.m to 5.00 p.m..
  • Measurement from Work in Progress to Resolved.
  • Work in Progress is set automatically as soon the assignment to the group is done.

Samples

assignment time to group ----------->  needed expiration of SLA
23.11.2017 6:30 a.m. -----------> 24.11.2017 5.00 p.m.
23.11.2017 7:01 a.m. -----------> 24.11.2017 5.00 p.m.
23.11.2017 4:59 p.m. -----------> 24.11.2017 5.00 p.m.
23.11.2017 5:01 p.m. -----------> 25.11.2017 5.00 p.m
23.11.2017 23:00 p.m. -----------> 25.11.2017 5.00 p.m.

I played around with different settings in the process targets but couldn't achieve it on my own. The closest I got was with the following setting but its not transparent to me how End Of Day windows is factored in the calculation so it was an outcome of trial and error and not of logical conclusions.

5108.png

I also tried Work Schedule based Expiration but tthe calculation is even more intransparent to me. Service Manager Online help is quite good for Service Level Management module but couldn't help me in this case

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks !

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.