Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to customize a Dynamic Form

Jump to solution

Hi Team ,

I have got a request where in i have to customize a dynamic form which is present on "advfind.incident.search" form.

The input to the dynamic form is "$choices" .

1-> I am not aware what it is and where to find "$choices"

Currently the checkboxes on "dynamic form" are lying columnwise like:

abc

abc

abc

abc 

and  i want them to be in two columns like:

abc         abc

abc         abc

Please help me out to fulfill this customization on dynamic form.

Regards,

Nikhil

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: How to customize a Dynamic Form

Jump to solution

The dynamic form on the search screens is determined in the SearchConfig record for that module or table.

Use Database Manager and look for the table 'SearchConfig', or type *fSearchConfig in the command window.

This will open the SearchConfig records.  Look for the tablename=probsummary to look at the SearchConfig record for the Incident search screen.

Each of the items in the Defined Queries array corresponds to one of the checkboxes within the dynamic form.  For example, the 'Open' checkbox corresponds to the query 'flag=true'.  By checking the checkbox on the search screen, the system appends the value in the Query column to the user's search.  You can also set up some complicated searches by calling a script from the ScriptLibrary in the Query column, so that, by checking a single box, some complicated calculations and data manipulation can be performed.

However, it _does_ lay out the contents of that dynamic form in one column, as you've seen.  I don't believe there is a way to force the data into two columns like you're asking.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

The dynamic form on the search screens is determined in the SearchConfig record for that module or table.

Use Database Manager and look for the table 'SearchConfig', or type *fSearchConfig in the command window.

This will open the SearchConfig records.  Look for the tablename=probsummary to look at the SearchConfig record for the Incident search screen.

Each of the items in the Defined Queries array corresponds to one of the checkboxes within the dynamic form.  For example, the 'Open' checkbox corresponds to the query 'flag=true'.  By checking the checkbox on the search screen, the system appends the value in the Query column to the user's search.  You can also set up some complicated searches by calling a script from the ScriptLibrary in the Query column, so that, by checking a single box, some complicated calculations and data manipulation can be performed.

However, it _does_ lay out the contents of that dynamic form in one column, as you've seen.  I don't believe there is a way to force the data into two columns like you're asking.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks Jacob !  

You Solved my Issue 🙂 Cheers

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.