AR3 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to customize forms and Capabilities in HP Service Manager.

Hello, I am very new to hp service manager, I used to work on assyst before but now I am required to use hp service manager.
I have been searching all over the internet but apparently they are very noob questions to be asked.
What i need is to know

1-How to customize a form. 
-I want to add a text field.
-make it visible to specific users.

Up until now, what i have reached from (tailoring best practice guide) is to go to form designer under tailoring, choose the form i want to customize and open it in design mode.
a- I do not know how to open a form in design mode.
b- I found some comments on just clicking a button labeled "Design" but i cant find that button anywhere on screen. if my user need some previliges to see this button please tell me what it is.

2-How do I apply visibility rules on a field in service catalog item. I only know how to add new fields to service catalog items and make them visible or hidden but i don't know how to make them visible to some users and not the others.

3-Is it possible to create new Capabilities for an operator like Restful API capability for example.

4-how to apply a workflow on a service catalog item.
I create a new service catalog item. it had a work flow by default which i don't know how to change.

I know these are very newbie questions but please help !!

0 Likes
1 Reply
Honored Contributor.. Ioannis Soukas Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: How to customize forms and Capabilities in HP Service Manager.

Since you are new to HPE Service Manager, I would really suggest you watch the training videos from HPE's LearningCenter. They will definitely help you, not only for your current problems, but also for future ones. The documentation is relatively complicated, compared to the step-by-step instructions in the videos.

https://hpe-external.sabacloud.com/Saba/Web_spf/HPE/common/learningeventdetail/curra000000000098910?context=user&learnerId=persn000000002967550

https://hpe-external.sabacloud.com/Saba/Web_spf/HPE/common/learningeventdetail/curra000000000099111?context=user&learnerId=persn000000002967550

The first class is more introductory, compared to the second, more advanced one. They are created for HPSM 9.4x, but for the most part it's similar to the newer 9.5x.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.