Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

How to disable change category

I have a requirement to disable Emergency change category from the list of active categories. The requirement is to create an Emergency only from a P1 Incident. I have set the availability of Emergency category to false. Now when user tries to open a new change the emergency category is not available for selection.

My issue is with another application that uses webservice to create an Emergency change record. They are now getting error . How can i hide Emergency from list of avaialble categories but still make it avaialble for integrations.

Thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Change the availability condition from false to something like:

operator()="integration1" or operator()="integration2"

Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

I dont think that can be done. See below from the help

Determines whether a user can select this Category.

file=cm3rcategory
form=chm.cm3rcategory.g
field=avail.cond

The Category search list displays only those Categories whose Avail Cond is
true.

The condition may only be set to 'true' or 'false'. Specify true to allow the
user to select this Category.

The default is true.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

On a Change Profile, there is a tab where you can set a Profile's allowed categories.  Try utilizing that.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.