Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

How to display html template inside an email

Hi experts,

My requirements is to display html template inside an email. In IM update form we have send email link and when we clicked on the link it will open an email. Our requirement is, if assignment group is in any of the tier 4 value, checkbox is checked, and if we are clicking on the send email it should contain a template with the last update, press etc of that incident. I am using SM-9.40.

Could you please help me to implement this??

Thanks & Regards,

Sandhu Mol

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: How to display html template inside an email

Hi Experts,

Any Updates or any thoughts to achieve this?

Requirement is to display one html tempalte inside an email. That means if we are clicking on the send email link in the IM update phase, It should show a tempalte also.

Regards,

Sandhu Mol

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

You could do something like this:

1.  Send email button calls a wizard. First wizard will open a form with a Text box that allows user to put in an update..

2. When user clicks Send, call the us.notify RAD app, and utilize that HTML Notifications feature

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Actually send email is not a link. It is html viewer.

Could u please tell me how we will relate this us.notify RAD app and html viewer.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Can you provide us some screenshots?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Below given is what I am trying in the main from of update format control.

$ihps.email.text="<a href= mailto:"+nullsub(WPAlternateEmail in $file, "")+"?subject=Short%20Desc:%20"+strrep(nullsub(brief.description in $file, ""), " ", "%20")+"&body=%0A%0A%0A%0ATo%20view%20the%20details%20of%20Incident%23%20"+number in $file+",%20click%20on%20the%20link%20or%20copy%20and%20paste%20it%20into%20your%20browser,"+$IM.Link+">Send Mail</a>"

image.PNG is the ouput for the above code. Template is outside the html viewer.

And I want to show the exact title of the incident by calling the scripts.

Second image is what we get when we click on the send mail.

I have to show the template in the starting itself(above "To view detail" sentence).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I'm not sure how to do that.

I was picturing something like this (in reverse order).

1.  create HTMLTemplate
2. Create Notification record to call HTMLTemplate
3.  Create Format Control or Process to call us.notify RAD app and pass Notification record.
4.  Create Wizard to prompt user for update and then call Format control or Process from within Wizard
5.  Create button on form to call wizard.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Thank you Tom for your valuable suggestion.

But unfortunately our requirement is based on html viewer.

We cannot create a new button for that.

What I am planning now is:

1. Call a process from  format control subroutine.
  2. From the process, call the particular notification.

But I am not sure how  to show the template which is fetching by the process to the html viewer(Send Mail).

Could u please give me a solution for this

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Going back to the wizard idea, after they enter their update in the first form, you could then have the wizard call another form and this time display the HTML Viewer with their update in it to show what it will look like.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.