Highlighted
lwvirden Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to edit a view?

A user contacted me. They want to create a view that covers the previous month.  I walked them through the search criteria, and showed them how to set the opened before and opened after fields.  That search returned to them the info they wanted.

They wanted to save the query, so I walked them through saving the view.

However, the next question was "how do I change this next month to show the a different month?"

I have been looking, but have not yet figured out how a user with the ability to save views can edit those views.

Where does that functionality reside? I don't see it in the Favorites and Dashboards. I tried the "Open View" menu option in Incidents, for example, and it runs a view - but it is not clear how to modify the parameters of the view.

0 Likes
2 Replies
djdilipkumar Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to edit a view?

Hi,

Views are stored in inbox table and can be edited from an administrator access. If you need to provide any user the access to edit views then you need to add a capability word inbox in the operator role.

Regards,

DJ

0 Likes
ALARMus Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to edit a view?

Profile (for Incident, problem...) for user must have true in "personal.inbox" field.

So user must press "Define new VIEW"  and next time "Custumize current view" to change parameters.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.