Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

How to find out from where the given msg is invoked.

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

Could you please tell me from where the below message is getting invoked.

Msg : Required select on file %S found no records.

ID : 1730

Thanks & Regrds,

Sandhu Mol

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: How to find out from where the given msg is invoked.

Jump to solution

What's the name of the formatcontrol record you show in the screenshot ?
I see that Filename "configuration" is used. In my SM9.52 OOB system "configuration" is no valid filename.

If you want to influence the scmessage record used for a message sent out by formatcontrol Query, please check the OOB settings in formatcontrol "probsummary" . Message for the third line is :
""+scmsg(1002, "fc", {logical.name in $file})
It appends the message from scmessage record with Class=fc and Message Number=1002
See screenshot.

Thank you for using the MicroFocus ServiceManager Support and News Forum. If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

This is usually triggered when a query in the Queries section of the formatctrl has a 'Required Query?' condition that evaluates to true and that query returns no records.

Audrey

Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thank you for the replay. It helped me.

Could you please tell me how the particular message and this fc query are linked. Because I couldn't see any connection between these two in the query tab of fc.

I am planning to change the message showing as part of this query. So just I want to confirm whether that particular message is getting invoked for any other query condition.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandhu Mol

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I suggest you to create a new, customized scmessage record for your new message.
Reason: if you change an Out-of-the-box (OOB) scmessage record, it will popup as conflict with next upgrade.
benefit:
- customized scmessage records will not get touched with the next upgrade
- it doesn't matter if the message is used anywhere else in the product

Thank you for using the MicroFocus ServiceManager Support and News Forum. If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thank you for your valuable replay.

Could you tell me one more thing ?

How I can relate the newly creating scmessage with the query present in my FC.

Capture.PNG

I couldn't identify how the scmessage and the highlighted query is linked.

Thanks in Advance...

Regards,

Sandhu Mol

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

What's the name of the formatcontrol record you show in the screenshot ?
I see that Filename "configuration" is used. In my SM9.52 OOB system "configuration" is no valid filename.

If you want to influence the scmessage record used for a message sent out by formatcontrol Query, please check the OOB settings in formatcontrol "probsummary" . Message for the third line is :
""+scmsg(1002, "fc", {logical.name in $file})
It appends the message from scmessage record with Class=fc and Message Number=1002
See screenshot.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

I agree that you should not change this OOB scmessage.

I did an *afindall and in my SM version it returned a list showing 3 ScriptLibrary, 3 formatctrl, and 1 application that invoke this message using this type of expression. As you can see in the probsummary formatctrl, the expression passes the fieldname into the scmessage.  This scmessage is also used to produce a similar message for files other than the probsummary and fields other than logical name.

Audrey

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.