Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

How to force change record go to first phase?

Jump to solution

Hello everyone!

I've faced with problem I cannot make change record go to first phase. Actually I can skip phases in every direction of change's workflow but going to first phase hasn't came out yet 😞

Well here is what I did:

I created new change category. Let's call it "NewCat"

Then created 3 phases ("AA", "BB", "CC")

Brought phases to new category

The goal is to return change from "BB" phase to "AA" phase

To move from phase to phase I use cm.close procces and $phasepntr variable

In cm.close on the before expression tab I wrote expression:

if (bla-bla condition) then ($phasepntr-=1)

As phase place in category corresponds to ordinal number so "AA" is 1 , "BB" is 2, "CC" is 3. In spite of this fact and my expression change record isn't returned to the first phase. In background log two strings appears like "The "BB" phase is closed" and right after then "The "BB" phase is opened".

Could you give me some hints how can I make change record get to the first phase. I'm in despair 😞

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hello guys!

Thank you for help indeed! I tried your solutions. Unfortenately they didn't help in my case but the idea of $phasepntr=0 saved me.

Solution for my case is just simple expression on the first tab of cm.close process.

if (bla-bla conditions and current.phase="BB" and $phasepntr=1) then ($phasepntr=0;current.phase in $L.file="AA")

I works 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

try this:

go to the cm.close.save process

in the RAD tab locate the cm.open RAD application

in the before expressions add the following:

if (bla-bla condition) then ($phasepntr=0)

go to cm.close process

in Next process Tab add the following:

next process: cm.update.save

condition: bla-bla

second step is needed cause otherwise if you try to exit the change after it reaches the logging phase you will get a message that says "Do you wish the leave the change before opening it?" and you'll have to manually save the ticket.

Hope it works.

Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

jad, thank you for idea about $phasepnyr=0 !!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Do you always use the Close or Next phase button to move from phase to phase, or do you have any automatic close of a phase after approval, or something like that?   If so, and if you have approvals defined for your first phase, you may also need to reset your approvals upon return to the phase.

Audrey

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi,

You may try set the '"recal approvals" as true in AA phase definition.
If it doesn't work then check for RAD trace.

hth,
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hello guys!

Thank you for help indeed! I tried your solutions. Unfortenately they didn't help in my case but the idea of $phasepntr=0 saved me.

Solution for my case is just simple expression on the first tab of cm.close process.

if (bla-bla conditions and current.phase="BB" and $phasepntr=1) then ($phasepntr=0;current.phase in $L.file="AA")

I works 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.