Honored Contributor.. wbh13 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

How to get a field to auto populate as the person opens the self service Find a Request page.

Jump to solution

Hello, 

I'm trying to have our created field flhsmvCounty field to auto populate with the county attached to the user's account when they open the find a request page in the self service page. 

I was able to get the user's information to autofill on the ess.sd.open page by toying with the Format Control, but the Ess.Sd.search didn't have a Format Control out of box and when I made one for it nothing seemed to happen.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor..

Re: How to get a field to auto populate as the person opens the self service Find a Request page.

Jump to solution

I opened a ticket with HP, Angie T. sent me this fix that resolved my issue:

I would like to provide you an update regarding your Service Manager Case: 5317645510 (How to get a field to auto populate as the person opens self service),

We would like if you could follow the below steps, first in your test system:

-Login as Admin in the windows client

-Type "fc" in the command line

-Search "login.DEFAULT"

-Go to calculations and add a new one as follows:

*Calculation: $lo.county=flhsmvCounty in $file1

*Add: true

-Save the changes

-Type "ds" in the command line

-Search "sd.search"

-Modify the first line adding ;flhsmvCounty in $L.file=$lo.county at the end. The line will look like:

if ($G.ess=true) then ($L.format=nullsub(ess.search.format in $G.sm.environment, "ess.SD.search");flhsmvCounty in $L.file=$lo.county)

-Save the changes

-Login to ess and test it

0 Likes
12 Replies
TomPowe Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to get a field to auto populate as the person opens the self service Find a Request page.

Jump to solution

Just to verify, can you share a screenshot of your "Find a Request" page?

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

We have edited that page, it's form name is Ess.sd.search.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

I think this is using the "cc.search.incidents.display" Display Screen.  So, you can probably add code to the Initializations, Initial Expressions field to do that.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Are you speaking of the Display Option? I don't see a Initializations, Initial Expressions field, and no Format Control of that name. Should I create a new DO? What should I add there?

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Not DO...DS. Display Screen

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Oh yes yes. I think you are correct on the area. Any idea what a should put in to get this to display the user's county record?

flhsmvcounty is the field I created for the county. 

Here's what i'm trying: flhsmvcounty in $file=nullsub(flhsmvcounty in $lo.user.name)...but no cigar yet

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

What table did you create flhsmvcounty in?  If that was the operator table, you probably could do:

flhsmvcounty in $L.filed=nullsub(flhsmvcounty in $lo.operator)

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Btw thank you for working with me today, and It's on the location table.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Where is the relation for the logged in operator and the associated location record?  Is it at the operator record or the contact record?  For example, does the operator record have a location field, which links to the location table?  Or does the operator have a contact record and on that contact record is a location field?

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

I've attached two pictures of my ess.sd.open Format Control, this auto populates the user's (whos signed in) location. Does this help at all?

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

I made some assumptions.  Try this:

if ($L.search.format="cc.search.incidents.display") then ($L.void=rtecall("rinit", $L.rc, $L.contact, "contacts");$L.void=rtecall("select", $L.rc, $L.contact, "operator.id=$lo.user.name");if ($L.rc=1) then ($L.void=rtecall("rinit", $L.rc, $L.location, "location");$L.void=rtecall("select", $L.rc, $L.location, "location=location in $L.contact");if ($L.rc=1) then (flhsmvcounty in $L.filed=flhsmvcounty in $L.location)))

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

I opened a ticket with HP, Angie T. sent me this fix that resolved my issue:

I would like to provide you an update regarding your Service Manager Case: 5317645510 (How to get a field to auto populate as the person opens self service),

We would like if you could follow the below steps, first in your test system:

-Login as Admin in the windows client

-Type "fc" in the command line

-Search "login.DEFAULT"

-Go to calculations and add a new one as follows:

*Calculation: $lo.county=flhsmvCounty in $file1

*Add: true

-Save the changes

-Type "ds" in the command line

-Search "sd.search"

-Modify the first line adding ;flhsmvCounty in $L.file=$lo.county at the end. The line will look like:

if ($G.ess=true) then ($L.format=nullsub(ess.search.format in $G.sm.environment, "ess.SD.search");flhsmvCounty in $L.file=$lo.county)

-Save the changes

-Login to ess and test it

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.