Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

How to get boxes to auto populate with the contact info of the user who opens a ticket in ESS

Jump to solution

Hello, 

I'm trying to get the contact name, Location, Contact Number of the user to auto fill when they open a ticket on the Submit a Request page on ESS page. Out of the box it auto populates the ID of the user so I know it's possible I just don't know how to get it set up.

*See attachment 

Thanks in advance 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to get boxes to auto populate with the contact info of the user who opens a ticket in ESS

Jump to solution

1) If you need display this info (location, building, floor, room,...) use LINK (virtual join).

2) If you need store this data in incidents table  (or others) use LINK.

3) Next variant for 2) when you create incidents from email, for example, then nobody press FILL (when you press then starts LINK) - then need use triggers to fill it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Re: How to get boxes to auto populate with the contact info of the user who opens a ticket in ESS

Jump to solution

What application version is this and what is the name of the format? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Sorry about that, it's Version: 9.34 and ess.SD.open. But as of right now I got it to autofill in the boxes with the contact information we have on file when the user enters their name by updating the Format Control Calculations for the form. See attachment for what I added. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

1) If you need display this info (location, building, floor, room,...) use LINK (virtual join).

2) If you need store this data in incidents table  (or others) use LINK.

3) Next variant for 2) when you create incidents from email, for example, then nobody press FILL (when you press then starts LINK) - then need use triggers to fill it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

I was able to get this to work by following an answer from another post:

So, if that formatctrl has a query on the contacts table (with Init set to true and Query set to operator.id=$lo.user.name) and that query is the second query in the tab: on the calculations tab, you can add something like this with Initial set to true: companyFieldin $file=nullsub(companyField in $file, company in $file2);departmentField in $file=nullsub(departmentField in $file, dept.name in $file2);addressField in $file=nullsub(addressField in $file, address in $file2)

From </t5/Service-Manager-Service-Center/Auto-Populate-Fill-information-in-fields-ess-SD-open/m-p/6885809/highlight/true#M133727>

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.