Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

How to get notified when any of the mail id in the group is no longer valid.

Hi Experts,

We are using Sm 9.40. The issue we are facing is, if any of the email id's given in the incident or change managent group is not valid the notifiaction mails will not trigger to the entire group itself.

So is there any way to get notified when any of the mail id is no longer valid.

Thanks & Regrads,

Sandhu Mol

0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: How to get notified when any of the mail id in the group is no longer valid.

This does not seem to be a valid scenario.. Can you explain more on Invalid Emails thing.. How Invalid emails get inserted in the HPSM tanbles. Is there any distribution list in place with sents of users in the DL and emails dont get delivered to the entire DL if any user is invalid inside the DL..Also please confirm if you can see the eventout records being created or not for that particular ticket.

Thanks,

W

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: How to get notified when any of the mail id in the group is no longer valid.

Hi,

Following is the scenario:

A person is  having an account in SM and he is part of one IM assignment group. Later he leaves the company and  his account will remain In SM as well as in assignment group. Which is invalid mail id now.

We have some email notification triggering to these assignment group in situations like whenever an incident is created or updated etc. Since that person's mail id invalid, the notification is not triggering to any of the group members.

when we tested it in test stack, the event out records got created, but it is not able to deliver the mail to entire group list.

Attached is the image of notification condition triggering to an assignment group.

Could you please suggest me a solution to get a notification about the invalid email id in the group in such scenarios.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandhu Mol

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

SM does not know/care if the mail is valid or not... the maximum SM can do is check if it has the mail pattern like @... The component who tries to send the mail and get the return that the mail is not valid anymore is your smtp server and, unless you created some specific scenario, SM ignores it.

Your recipients looks wrong; this might be the cause that your notification is not being sent.
Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

From your screenshot I understand that the Recipient column is wrong.. It should be "assignment in $L.file" instead of "Assignment Group in $L.file". Kindly make the changes and test again.

Or, this notification table is not the only place where email is configured for IM open. There are chances that notification can be triggered from Triggers or Macros. Dont forget to check those area as well.

For your other issue, when any staff leaves the organization you can configure something to disable the user. When the user gets disabled in AD, run a connectIT scnerio to check the LDAP/ AD status of the user every day once and if it finds any user then disable that user in HPSM. Once the user is disabled in hpsm run a trigger "After update" which can then remove the user from all the assignment groups he is part of.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

You can try with this condition in recipent column assignee.name in $L.file

Best Regards,
Tom
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

I have tried to create a connect IT secnaio with LDAP as source.

But I couldn't establish a connection.

Please find the attched image of error.

Could anyone tell me what is the issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandhu Mol

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Did you enter the correct LDAP server details? Is it purposefully hidden in the image because we could see that the server name is xxx.

Check the server name, port (default 389) and a LDAP user credentials who can make query.

Thanks.

Give Kudos if it helps.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi All,

Thanks for the replay.

I tried with the default port no: and while testing the connection got established also.

But when I try to open the connector of source I am getting the attached error.

Cloud you please suggest me a solution?

Thanks  in Advance.

Regards,

Sandhu Mol

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Could you please suggest a solution to resolve this issue?

Thanks & Regards,

Sandhu Mol

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

I am trying to create a connect IT scenario as you suggested.

I am able to connect to the LDAP sever through Open LDAP Option.

But I couldn't find a field to check whether a user is available or not.

Could you please suggest me a way to achive it.

Thanks in Advance....

Regards,

Sandhu Mol

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.