NOTICE: Significant community changes coming soon
The header menu and the home page on our community will be changing soon. Get more information HERE.
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

How to get to know which field is "Unused" in cm3r DBDICT?

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

I would like to know if am having any unused field in "cm3r" dbdict so that instead of creating a new one, I can use the existing one.

Is there any way to find out the same in SM? I am using SM v9.30.

Regards,

Avi

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Honestly, the best way to look to see if a field is unused is to look at table in the database itself. 

From a best practice perspective, I do not recommend using an existing field for a new purpose.  That can lead to negative results.  If you need a new field to store something in.....then you need a new field and you should create one. 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Honestly, the best way to look to see if a field is unused is to look at table in the database itself. 

From a best practice perspective, I do not recommend using an existing field for a new purpose.  That can lead to negative results.  If you need a new field to store something in.....then you need a new field and you should create one. 🙂

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.