Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

How to give access to "Supporting documents" tab in Change Management

Hi Experts,

My requirement is to give access to "Supporting Documents" tab in change management, only to particular person and that too in "Planning" phase.

Initially it will be read only condition for all and it will be editable only to coordinators,managers but i need to give access to a person only in planning phase. I have added his contact name along with the original condition in cm.change.planning (FC) but it is not editable in planning or any other phase for that person.

Can you please help me solving this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Abarna

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to give access to "Supporting documents" tab in Change Management

Can you display your initial condition and added (about person) and also what condition in FD ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: How to give access to "Supporting documents" tab in Change Management

The Tab is not active in my environment right now. But as for the overview idea, If you need to have access for a specific person in a specific field in a form(this is my understanding of your concern), you could do it with a combination of a FC, FD and Capability. This is working on my test of 9.x version, hope it will guide you or help on what you currently have.

1. Define a capability words that need to be assigned to a specific user under operator record.

2. Define a temporary variable in global FC(cm3r) calculation, with condition that will give a value of true if the login user is having capability word on step 1. 

3. in FD, go to the field and add a Read-Only Condition. Variable=true;  Can edit the field..... cariable=false, Cannot edit the field.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.