Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

How to install SMA-SMSP Demo

Hello experts

I have a question about the installation of SMA-SMSP

I try to follow the steps specified in the portal documentation

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Service_Management_Automation_-_SM:2020.02/OnPremDemoEnvrm

But sometimes that refer to other parts of the configuration of the installation to the production environment and it provokes a confusion to me

Is it possible to install on one server of RHEL the SMA-SMSP Demo? I mean to have the master node and workers in the same server

Is it possible integrate these with a Service Manager and their features like Smart Analytics or Collaboration?

Thank you in advance

Best regards

Tags (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: How to install SMA-SMSP Demo

Yes it's possible. Just mind that the application is really Memory and CPU hungry. To avoid any problem, even in a DEMO environment, I suggest you to use the last version and have the server with at least 8 (v)cpu and 32 GB RAM. Still on my experience I had problems with that, so best is go for 12 (v)cpu and 48GB Ram or have two nodes, 4/8cpu and 12/32gb ram.

The old times were you could virtually install your demo in any machine, unfortunately.
Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Thank you Breno

Well I can advance in the installation, but I have another problem with the tenant configuration the page sends me an error and mention that the sm, smart analytics, and DB data is wrong and I cannot do the deploy of the tenant to my sm installation

Do you have some advice? Please

Best regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Can you share a print of the error?

You need to make sure you are using the correct sm and smart analytics server and port and also a valid SM user.

To confirm they are correct and the sma server has access to it, try to do a telnet on them from sma server(s)

Let us know!
Regards,
Breno Abreu

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Hello

Well the ports of sm and smart analytics is correct actually is the OOB ports

HMSMMXConsultant_0-1591635013176.png

I did telnet from Linux Service portal server and it response

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Might be nothing but the correct configuration should be
IP>:
no slashes afterwards
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Additionally to Misaq comment: are you able to connect from SM to the Smart Analytics?
Mind that you have several smart analytics services that are suppose to be running. If you can't connect from SM your smart analytics is not running properly.
Regards,
Breno Abreu

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Hello

The Smart Analytics and SM is integrated and works fine

The IPs are correct

Best regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Were you able to solve this issue?
I was checking the message again and noticed that at the end it complains about the database connection failure for chat. Then I was trying to sort it all and found out that you need an extra step to connect to an external Oracle database; did you perform the steps bellow?
https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Service_Management_Automation_-_SM:2020.05/downloadOracleJdbcForChat

Regards,
Breno Abreu

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.