Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

How to list selection of records in a new Wizard

I'm trying to create a Wizard that will

1.  Present a list of assignment group members

2.  Allow a selection of any of the group members

3.  Create an array of the selected group members

So far I have created a Wizard with File Selection => Select records of type operator, using query: assignment.groups="SECURITY_IDENTITY_ACCESS"

When I run the Wizard it presents a list of the operators in the assign group with checkboxes next to each name.  What I need help with is converting the selected operators in the screen to list.  At a high level, what would the next step(s) be?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to list selection of records in a new Wizard

I did a search by choosing Tailoring > Wizards and then from "usage" tab ticked "Select multiple records from the list" and made a search. In my system I got only couple of matches.

One of those had a JavaScript code in Actions > JavaScript as following;

//print("vars.$L_selection == " + vars.$L_selection);
lib.acicategory.addIDOLSecGroup(vars.$L_selection.company,vars.$L_file.adapter_id);

vars.$L_selection is the variable SM seems to use to hold the info you need. I assume it's already a JavaScript array, but of course you can print it out to check what it contains (after the selection is made).

Hope this helps.

---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.