Highlighted
Member.

How to manually stop schedule

Hi,

SM 9.41.

I found table with over than 60 Millions records. So I created daily schedule to delete records older than 7 days. The schedule is running 18 hours and there are deleted less than 1 Million records. The problem is performance, whole system slowes down.

In the meantime i stopped creation of new records in this table, so it won't be filled so quickly.

Now I need to stop my schedule job. How to do this without stopping whole server? Is there possible?

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to manually stop schedule

Hi,  

Your schedule record that is running to purge your records has a 'class'.  What 'class' have you used in your schedule record? This 'class' should correspond with a background process showing in your System Status screen. You could try killing that process and then restarting it immediately.  Some background processes are more critical to the smooth running of your system than others, so I would give very careful consideration before attempting this. Also, I'm not positive this will just stop the purge action that has started, so it's a risk regardless.

Audrey

Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Audrey,

thanks, it works. I killed "report" process and started it again. The system is usable now 😉

(Heh, I had some problems with my account when it was migrated from HPE to MF. It's weird, because I started this topic with "new" identity, and reply was sent as "old". I don't understand... )

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Hi,

This could be due to below parameter in sm.cfg, this runs statup sch during application startup.

sm system.start

go to ïnfo" table --> type "startup" in type & search --> fine the sch and remove them or you can suffix with "_disabled" (this can be anything) ex: if it is report then change it to report_disabled

This will disable during startup.

Regards,

Madhan 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

I'm glad this worked for you. If you ever have any success connecting with the original user id you posted from, perhaps you could mark it as an accepted solution for this issue.

Audrey
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

I didn't want to disable process. I needed to stop one schedule job/task. This is ofcourse complicated as almost everything in this software.

Finally job was stopped and table was truncated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Audrey,

sorry, I'm not able to mark it as accepted solution. Reason: I can't login as "kierownik". I described it in my previous answer, both accounts use the same e-mail. I don't know how it's possible 🙂

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

if class field have any value delete this value and save, the shedule not run.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.