Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

How to mass resolve and mass associate Trouble ticket in Temip to Service Manager

Bulk TT resolve and Bulk TT association has become  basic requirement due to huge number of TTs. We have customised form level changes to accommodate(250 TT at time) but challenge in keeping performance of the system and allow bulk closure and bulk association.

We need expert advice from DB and Application perspective to support bulk resolve or bulk association (approx. 1000 at time) without impacting performance of the system.

I understand we can Mass Resolve using the Closure codes in Excel sheet and loading to SM using Text Import Wizard, please confirm if this is a feasible method and what is the performance impact in this approach?

Or do you suggest using a CIt Scenario to automate this task by running as a schedule.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: How to mass resolve and mass associate Trouble ticket in Temip to Service Manager

Hello Asha,

I think it would be possible by custom java script or custom DB queries, however, it is pure-customization which is out of HPE Support.

It is common method for developing such a logic.

1. set enable RTM:3, debugdbquery:999, sqldebug:1
  2. try one set of ‘resolve & associate’ through SM windows client
  3. investigate and understand how SM works for it
  4. develop custom codes for mass-resolve/associate -> verify

in this step, develop needs to pick up the most efficient ways among java script/DB query, trigger, asynchronous(by bg process)/synchronous

if multiple processing, need to consider locking issue

Regards,
Eric

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: How to mass resolve and mass associate Trouble ticket in Temip to Service Manager

Hello, 

I think there is no wrong answer here, it can be done with JS within SM however you have to be carefull (or knowledgable) enought to build a effective and most importantly efficient code so that you don't leave loose ends and cause a potetntial resource problem.

I've work with CIT quite a bit, and other than the obvious advantage of being able to schedule a task very easily on very specific times (weekends or low usage hours), the JS processing is taken away from SM. It won't be able to process 1000 at a time, but would work relatively fast with WS. 

Hope this helps, 

Regards,

Enrique lobo

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.