Absent Member.. JonathanGarcia Absent Member..
Absent Member..

How to modify RuleSet entry??

Jump to solution

Hi experts,

I want to set HTML Notifications to Request Fulfillment in SM 9.40. I found the RuleSet rm.notification.open, but it is to Requestor, the notification should be to Assignment Group. Well, i want modify this record, then i enable the Save button from Display Option but when i click it from RuleSet format, appears the message "Action of save is invalid (se.base.method)" How i could modify and save this entry? That happens when i try to save a record out of the box, if i create a new one was successfully saved.

Or what propposed for send the notification to Assignment Group? If i create a new record, i can't save that in the workflow, the Save button is inactive.

Now i have a headache xD

Regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Audrey H. Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to modify RuleSet entry??

Jump to solution

Hi,

The rm.notification.open RuleSet is an HP Proprietary RuleSet and therefore cannot be modified.  You should click on the More menu from this RuleSet and select Clone to copy this RuleSet (with a new name).  Make your modifications, save them in the new RuleSet, then return to the Workflow where the original one was generating the behaviour you don't want and delete the original rm.notification.open RuleSet and replace it with yours, making sure to move your RuleSet into the same position as the original one was.

Audrey

3 Replies
Audrey H. Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

The rm.notification.open RuleSet is an HP Proprietary RuleSet and therefore cannot be modified.  You should click on the More menu from this RuleSet and select Clone to copy this RuleSet (with a new name).  Make your modifications, save them in the new RuleSet, then return to the Workflow where the original one was generating the behaviour you don't want and delete the original rm.notification.open RuleSet and replace it with yours, making sure to move your RuleSet into the same position as the original one was.

Audrey

Abhijit K Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

HP propriatory workflows and rulesets cannot be modified, so it is a always best practise to create copy of workflow from existing workflow, this functiobnality is already availble while making copy of workflow it also copies associated rulesets but you have to give the prefix in order to identify them.

Ex -- Ruleset  IM.template.notification will be changed to some as Custname-IM.template.notification where custname is prefix for the ruleset.

You can easily modify this ruleset.

Regards,

Abhijit K

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

To modify a read only HP Proprietary Rule Set it must be cloned (i.e. copied)

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.