Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

How to modify validation condition

Hi Experts,

My requirement is to display an error message when the value of temporary variable is ‘TRUE’.

Below are the changes I have done in IM.open.incident and IM.update.incident FC.

Under calculate tab ill be setting value for temporary variable and have used this variable as validation condition in validation tab. So, whenever this temp variable is true error message will be displayed and focus will go to ‘Install Team Priority’ field.

Calculate Tab:

calculate.PNG

Validate tab:

validate.PNG

Install Team priority field is not a mandatory field. So, I should be able to save IM even if the value in it is empty. But due to above conditions when trying to save IM with ‘Install Team priority’ field empty, am getting the given error message.

Could you please suggest a way to solve this issue

Scenarios

1. If value is in ‘Install Team priority’ field and temp variable is true, then error message should display.
  2. If ‘Install Team priority’ filed is empty, then IM should get saved without error.

Thanks in Advance.

Jithisha

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.