Highlighted
New Member.

How to open a form tied to a customised table in an open state

I am using HP SM 9.40. I have a new table (customised) attached to a workflow of few phases. Each workflow phase has its own form tied to it. Using DEFAULT object record as the base I created a new required object record for my table. 

How can I open the first phase form in an open state?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: How to open a form tied to a customised table in an open state

Hi,

I'm not quite understand your question.

You may follow Process Designer Tailoring Best Practices Guide (Codeless Mode) to fulfill your request:

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/km/KM01314026

And you can find more document at Service Manager 9.3x and 9.4x Document Matrix:

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/km/KM01294561

Hope it helps,

Ling-Yan

Highlighted
New Member.

DearLingyanmeng,

Thank you for your response.

Let me give you the complete picture. Basically I have a table (new table) to store tasks. This table is tied to a workflow of 3 phases.
What I did? Let me throw some light.

1. Using DEFAULT object record as the base I created a new required object record for my table.
2. I created menu item titled 'Create Task' using the command 'se.search.engine' while passing it the name of the form of the first phase as paramter.
3. Once I click the 'Create Task' menu item, it opens the first phase form in db.search state. And it shows me the Add button at the top. I am able to add tasks to my table.
4. I created a search form for my table. Updated the 'Search Configuration' tab of the object record of my table. In Search Configuration tab I specify my table name and the search form I created.
5. I created a menu item titled 'Search Tasks' using the command 'se.search.engine' and passed it the name of the search form as paramter.
6. I click the 'Search Tasks' menu item, it opens the search form in db.search state.
7. I click again 'Create Task' menu item , it too opens the search form in db.search state. It does not open the form of first phase of workflow.

To open the 'Create Task' menu item into the workflow,

8. I created a wizard and called the first form of workflow in it.
9. I created menu item titled 'Create Task From Wizard' using the command 'wizard.run'.
10. Once I click the menu 'Create Task From Wizard', wizard runs and the form of workflow opens up. However, the worklfow form opens up in 'db.view' state.

I want to open the workflow form in open state or at least in 'db.search. state.

That is where I am struggling. I hope I made the description clear. Your valuable help will be appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

I tried to reproduce your problem, but failed as the steps and expectation states are not clear enough to me.

It seems that you are trying use different format for different phase. And you are trying to achieve it by using states.

Generally, it's not a right approach, as you are using process designer, you can achieve your goal by PD. You can learn from OOTB implementation for other modules like incident. And read the documents I posted before.

Thanks,

Ling-Yan

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Thank you so much lingyanmeng 

for the response. I have gone through these documents and have read the required sections for incident management involving process designer.

Let me give you the entire scenario.

Requirement:

An interface that allows to store tasks in a separate table. Each task must go through 3 phases of logging, Execution and Closure.

My Solution:

The stepwise approach is:

Step 1: I created a new table namely ‘ourtasks’.

Step 2: I created the Object record for ‘ourtasks’ table copying it from the DEFAULT object record. In the Worflow Location box I chose ‘By Category’ so that ‘ourtasks’ table will appear in the Table Name of ‘Edit Workflow Properties’.

Step 3:  I created a new workflow named ‘ourtasksworkflow’ for the table ‘ourtasks’. This worlflow has 3 phases. Each phase has its own form.

Step 4: I created menu item titled 'Create Task' using the command 'se.search.engine' while passing it the name of the form of the first phase as paramter.

Step 5: I clicked the 'Create Task' menu item, it opens the first phase form in db.search display screen. db.search display screen corresponds to db.search state. Am I right? And I am able to add tasks to my table.

What I want to achieve?

Once I click 'Create Task' menu item it should allow me to add tasks exactly the way we add incidents when we click the ‘Create New Incident’ menu item. But in my case the form opens in db.search display screen. That is why my question was “Is there a way to open a form in an open state?”

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.