Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to open a new tab display a specific form when click a button

Jump to solution
Hi expert,

I have created a button display option on SD.open.interaction form to run a SM scripts (RAD scrip.execute as mentioned in tailoring help topic).

I created 2 scripts and attached a form and a display screen to those 2 scripts. New display screen contain only button Back to return to original SD.open.interaction form.

2 button works fine but it never open a new tab like when you click from Menu Navigator, just change from SD.open.interaction to new form then back to SD.open.interaction on the same tab. I even tried to ticked Open a new window on Display screen definition but it just open a new window on the window client not the web.

Could you please give me some advices to make the button open a new tab instead of staying on the the same tab?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
On the display option record there is a place to do this. Look at the RAD tab and there is a place for "seperate thread?". Enter true here.

Tabs in hpsm are "threads" so any time you want a tab to come up when something is clicked, then you use the thread option.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
On the display option record there is a place to do this. Look at the RAD tab and there is a place for "seperate thread?". Enter true here.

Tabs in hpsm are "threads" so any time you want a tab to come up when something is clicked, then you use the thread option.

View solution in original post

Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi JWRobertson,

I tried as you suggest but it still doesn't open a new tab 😞
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Sorry, I tried again and it did open new tab. Thanks a lot. Last time I have some trouble with variables so it didn't open.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Glad it worked for you. Thanks for the points.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi JWRobertson,

You're welcome :).

I have one more question. I want to display a new tab in ESS GUI but it seems that ESS allow only 1 thread per user session.

I tried add field and button on form ess.SD.open same as SD.open.interation form still have open a new thread. But when I click the button,it doesn't open a new tab, everything on the same tab. When I click Back, it close ess.SD.open form and return form to choose Open new request or Search knowledge base,.... I think that there is only 1 thread on a ESS session.

Do you know how to enable 2 or a specific amount of thread per ESS session ?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.