lwvirden Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to perform a mass update of incident manager email

We recently had a change in the incident manager assignment.

I've fixed the simple records, including the profile templates for the operator records.

However, it is my understanding that doesn't automatically take effect for the existing operators - that they have their own copy of the profile information.

Is there a way that I can perform a mass update of the incident manager email from the old value to the new value?

Thank you

0 Likes
6 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. Vadim Gorda Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: How to perform a mass update of incident manager email

Hello.

are you copying it to somewhere?

It can be set in the environmental record as I recall.

0 Likes
Highlighted
lwvirden Absent Member.
Absent Member.

In our environment, the individual profiles created have the appropriate incident manager added. So we have a number of people who are using one of the profiles which contains a specified incident manager mail address.

When we went through the HPSM 7.x training we were told that when changing the profile, one then had to "reapply" the profile to the operator records which referenced the profile.

Is this still true in HPSM 9.x?  When I look in the operator record, I don't see any indication that information such as the incident manager mail address is stored there.

If I have to do it, then I have hundreds, if not thousands, of records to process. In that case, I'd like a way to do more than one at a time...

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Sanzz Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Incident Manager & simillar details are mentioned in the Assignment Group &/ Environment Record of tables, so changing them won't solve your issue?

0 Likes
lwvirden Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I don't know.

I was taught several years ago in the HPSM 7.x training classes that no - just changing the assignment group and environment record (and user profiles) was not sufficient. At that time, we were told that we needed to go through all the operator records and reapply the profiles.

Before I began a week's worth of taking that action, I thought it worth asking here whether HPSM 9.x had any changes that would make this easier or unnecessary.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Sanzz Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I too worked on SM7.x & what you mentioned is not correct. It is required only for the changes made to Userrole(profiles).
For instance you add/remove the Operator from Assignment Group, doesnt need refreshing Operator record. Same is the case with other changes.
Give it a try & see.

0 Likes
lwvirden Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Since my question is about making changes to user profiles, then your answer has come closest to answering. Thank you.

As I said in the beginning, we had a change in the incident manager, whose mail address is in a number of profiles.

To implement that change, I either have to reapply over a thousand profiles, or I could ask here to find out if HPSM 9.x happens to have any new features that would make life simpler.

It appears from your comment that no such new features exist.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.