Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

How to prevent sending duplicate emails in Smart Email

hi experts,

Any idea how to prevent HPE Service Manager from creating duplicate emails if user click on the Reply button on top of the email notifications triggered via Smart Email function? 

I checked that there is a tab to configure pre-script on the SmartEmail integration manager settings. Anyone know how to prevent this in SM or write a script to achieve this?

Kindly advise. 

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Hope you are doing fine.

The first step i could suggest you is to verify if there is only one email process running or more, sometimes when when two procesess wake up at the exact same time they will read the same check point value and proces the same eventout records, causing the email to be duplicated.

please verify and in case to be necessary kill the process you don't need "k".

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

hi Carlos, 

Thank you for your reply. 

My concern is not Smart Email function will create two identical tickets when it processes the Emails but when user clicks on the Reply button in their mail application instead of the Action button within the mail sent from SM, a new ticket will be created in Service Manager instead of updating the mail contents to the existing ticket.

How can we prevent this? Hopen this clarifies my request.

Thank you

Best regards,

Jian Wei

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

hi experts,

Can anyone please help? 

I think this should be a common questions ask by the customers? 

Appreciate your advise on this.

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

could you please start capturing a trace, then click on reply and be sure that when the new ticket is created on SM the information is captured on the trace?

Please attach the trace file to review.

Carlos Villalobos R
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

hi Carlos, 

Thank you for your reply. Can you advise how to start a trace in SM?

Also, I would like to clarify that this is not an issue, more of a requirement.

Perhaps, I should change my request to "Need to write a pre-script to prevent Smart Email from processing those emails which have RE:, FW: or incident ticket ID (eg. IM2012321) as the mail subject so that these emails will not create a ticket in SM"

Hope this clarifies my inquiry and appreciate if anyone could assist on this.

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

These are the instructions to start the trace on Service Manager:

1- Go to command line.

2- Go to the run directory where SM is install and type the following command: sm -httpPort:12345 -httpsPort:12346 -RTM:3 -debugdbquery:999 -debugnode:1 -sqldebug:1 -log:trace.txt

3- Hit on enter.

4- Open a New SM client with the following port 12345 and try to reproduce the behavior that we are expecting to have.

5- Go to the run directory and look for the trace, that is, the txt file called trace.txt

6- Send me the trace.txt file.

Carlos Villalobos R
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi ,
hope you are doing fine.
I would like to know if you still require assistance or if your question was resolved. If so, could you please mark it as a correct answer so that other members can benefit from this answer and close this question. If it didn’t resolve then please let me know so that we can address your question again.
best regards.

Carlos Villalobos R
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

I would like to know if you still require assistance or if your question was resolved. If so, could you please mark it as a correct answer so that other members can benefit from this answer and close this question. If it didn’t resolve then please let me know so that we can address your question again.

Carlos Villalobos R
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.