Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to provide the acess of creating New Dashboards in SM 9.4

Hi All,

In 9.4 we could see only Admins having the access\permissions to create new dashboards.

I wanted to provide the same access to all the users in SM 9.4, i have tried to give the same by enabling the Create New Dashboard button to all the users by enabling it in Menus. Now the option is coming for all the users and when we click the link Create New Dashboard in the menu we are getting the error message "You do not have the privilege to create reports or dashboards". Please can any one help us what changes we need to do further to get the access\permission for all the users to create new dashboards.

thank you.

Regards,

kumar

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have cracked the solution, under System Administration->Security ->Roles.

Through this security roles we can provide and control the acces\permission levels on Dashboards and Reporting for the users in SM 9.4

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi,

I can only see rights for Report under security Roles, but not for dashboard. Would you please kindly provide more details for dashboard rights? Currently when I log in with a non system admin account and try to add content to a dashboard, it gives me a "Page not found" error. However, it behaves normally when I log in as a system admin.

Thanks a lot.

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Essentially, you need to have the checkbox for NEW enabled for Report (doubles for controlling access/permission to Dashboards) area under the Security Role.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.